St. David’s Episcopal Day School’s Kindergarten Enrichment program is designed to give children a unique and extended learning experience beyond their ½ day kindergarten program. With small class sizes and low teacher-to-student ratios, children receive an individualized educational environment that fosters personal growth in language arts, mathematics, social-emotional development, science, cultural awareness, problem solving and scientific thinking, and creativity.
Our theme-based curriculum is designed and taught by PA certified teachers, and differentiated literacy instruction is supported by our reading specialist. Using a highly interactive and hands-on approach to learning, children receive a multisensory experience that sparks curiosity engages the mind, and promotes retention of skills. Child-led, play-based activities support academic areas through nature exploration, cooking, drama, music, and movement.
AM Session: 8:50 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
PM Session: 12:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Enrichment includes a lunch period which is provided from home. Please note, before care (8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.) and aftercare (3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) options are available – please express your interest on the application. Our program runs September through June, in conjunction with the TE School District calendar.
Our program’s literacy support staff:
Mrs. Stacie Jacoby, M.S. in Education from University of Pennsylvania and Reading Specialist Certification. Mrs. Jacoby is also a certified the Wilson Reading System.
Your child will participate in:
- Whole group lessons
- Small group activities
- Play-based and hands-on learning centers
- Creative art projects
- Nature exploration on our 39-acres of historic grounds
- Science experiments
- Service and long-term projects
Skills developed in kindergarten enrichment:
- Reading (phonics through “Fundations,” sight words, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, leveled readers)
- Listening (including phonemic awareness)
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Math skills (number sense, operations, data analysis, geometry)
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Global and cultural awareness
- Fill out our application online
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee
- Notify SDEDS when you receive your AM or PM placement in public school
- Complete the enrollment paperwork
- Enroll in Smart Tuition
- Schedule a meet-and-greet visit in August 2020
What you can expect:
- Baseline assessment of skills prior to the school year to help guide individualized learning
- Parent-teacher conferences and progress reports twice per year (November & April)
- Weekly newsletters highlighting skills taught and home connections