We value our families in our St. David’s Episcopal Day School community and consider you our partner in your child’s educational journey and success!
At St. David’s Episcopal Day School, we encourage active participation from families inside our classrooms and at our school-wide events held throughout the year. Listed below are just some of the ways St. David’s Episcopal Day School welcomes you into our school:
- Homeroom coordinator
- Field trip chaperone
- Library volunteer
- Fundraiser organizer
- Nature-center volunteer
- Class picture day volunteer
- Holiday party volunteer
- Parenting workshops
- Service project volunteer
- Holiday music performances
- Chapel services
- Health screenings
St. David’s Episcopal Day School values open lines of communication and frequent engagement with families. Our goal is to make it simple for you to be informed and involved in your child’s learning and educational experiences.
Some of the ways in which St. David’s Episcopal Day School supports home-school connections include:
- Beginning of the year individualized teacher meetings and assessments which help SDEDS learn more about you, your child, and his or her educational needs.
- Weekly classroom newsletters keep families up-to-date on recent in-class activities, themes, and units of study.
- Monthly school-wide newsletters posted on our website help to keep parents informed about “What’s Happening” at SDEDS and in our school’s parish.
Conferences held two times a year provide parents with important feedback about their child’s educational progress and ways families can foster learning at home.