St. David’s Episcopal Day School’s Kindergarten Enrichment program is designed to give children a unique and extended learning experience beyond their ½ day kindergarten program. With small class sizes and low teacher-to-student ratios, children receive an individualized educational environment that fosters personal growth in language arts, mathematics, social-emotional development, science, cultural awareness, problem solving and scientific thinking, and creativity.
Our theme-based curriculum is designed and taught by PA certified teachers, and differentiated literacy instruction is supported by our reading specialist. Using a highly interactive and hands-on approach to learning, children receive a multisensory experience that sparks curiosity engages the mind, and promotes retention of skills. Child-led, play-based activities support academic areas through nature exploration, cooking, drama, music, and movement.
Skills developed in kindergarten enrichment:
- Reading (phonics through “Fundations,” sight words, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, leveled readers)
- Listening (including phonemic awareness)
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Math skills (number sense, operations, data analysis, geometry)
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Global and cultural awareness
Your child will participate in:
- Whole group lessons
- Small group activities
- Play-based and hands-on learning centers
- Creative art projects
- Nature exploration on our 39-acres of historic grounds
- Science experiments
- Service and long-term projects
What you can expect:
- Baseline assessment of skills prior to the school year to help guide individualized learning
- Parent-teacher conferences and progress reports twice per year (January & April)
- Weekly newsletters highlighting skills taught and home connections
Our morning enrichment is held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; afternoon is held from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Enrichment includes snack time and a lunch period, both of which are provided from home. Please note, before care (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) and aftercare (3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) options are available – please express your interest on the registration form.
Our program runs September through June, in conjunction with the TE School District calendar.
Our program’s literacy support staff:
Mrs. Brooke Choate, M.A., Reading with Reading Specialist Certification and Wilson Reading System Certification. Brooke is the owner of the award-winning camp, enrichment and tutoring organization, Little Ones for Literacy.
Registration and procedures:
- A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is due with the registration form.
- Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis (spots in the program are limited to 15 students).
- It is not necessary to know your child’s placement in morning or afternoon kindergarten to register. You may provide this information at a later date.
- Tuition is $480 per month for 5-days; $450 per month for 4-days or less.
- September tuition is due at the time of enrollment and is non-refundable. Remaining tuition payments are due by the 1st of the month from October 1st through June 1st (note, June is ½ price).
- Once your registration is received, a detailed enrollment form will be mailed to your address. When we receive your completed enrollment form AND deposit, your child’s space in our program is secured.
- You may “unenroll” your child at any point during the school year by providing a written letter outlining your intention. The letter must be received 30 days in advance of your child’s last day.