St. David’s Episcopal Day School’s Kindergarten Enrichment program is designed to give children a unique and extended learning experience beyond their ½ day kindergarten program. With small class sizes and low teacher-to-student ratios, children receive an individualized educational environment that fosters personal growth in language arts, mathematics, social-emotional development, science, cultural awareness, problem solving and scientific thinking, and creativity.
Our theme-based curriculum is designed and taught by PA certified teachers, and differentiated literacy instruction is supported by our reading specialist. Using a highly interactive and hands-on approach to learning, children receive a multisensory experience that sparks curiosity engages the mind, and promotes retention of skills. Child-led, play-based activities support academic areas through nature exploration, cooking, drama, music, and movement.
Skills developed in kindergarten enrichment:
- Reading (phonics through “Fundations,” sight words, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, leveled readers)
- Listening (including phonemic awareness)
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Math skills (number sense, operations, data analysis, geometry)
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Global and cultural awareness
Your child will participate in:
- Whole group lessons
- Small group activities
- Play-based and hands-on learning centers
- Creative art projects
- Nature exploration on our 39-acres of historic grounds
- Science experiments
- Service and long-term projects
What you can expect:
- Baseline assessment of skills prior to the school year to help guide individualized learning
- Parent-teacher conferences and progress reports twice per year (November & April)
- Weekly newsletters highlighting skills taught and home connections
AM Session: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
PM Session: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Enrichment includes a lunch period which is provided from home. Please note, before care (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) and aftercare (3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) options are available – please express your interest on the application. Our program runs September through June, in conjunction with the TE School District calendar.
Scheduling Options for 2019-2020 School Year:
- 4-Day Program meets M – Th mornings or afternoons
- Friday AM/PM “club” can be added for a full-week schedule (includes project-based learning, cooking, art, Spanish)
Our program’s literacy support staff:
Mrs. Stacie Jacoby, M.S. in Education from University of Pennsylvania and Reading Specialist Certification. Mrs. Jacoby is also a certified the Wilson Reading System.
- Please visit our application page and fill out an application for the school, selecting Kindergarten Enrichment as the program
- Select your scheduling preference on the application
- Indicate whether transportation is needed
- Pay the $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Applications accepted on a first-come, first-served basis (spots in the program are limited to 15 students).
- It is not necessary to know your child’s placement in morning or afternoon kindergarten to register. You may provide this information at a later date.
Age Requirement: 4 years 9 months by September 1st